Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Entropy...

So, we were sitting in Chemistry today, talking about Entropy. For those of you who don't know, entropy is the tendency of a system toward disorder. The more orderly a system is, the more stress is put upon it. Everything in the natural world attempts to remove stress whenever possible, so everything, our Earth, the Universe, my bedroom, literally everything tends toward disorder.

Not to hear my parents tell it, though. "I just cleaned that, can't you pick up after yourself?" "Why isn't your room clean?" These inquiries plague me constantly (btw, I am not a neat person, in fact, I'm extremely messy). Considering that one of my parents was a science teacher, you'd think they would understand.

Anyway, everything tends toward disorder when not acted on by outside forces, and I believe that is the problem with our economy. Without the outside forces of government regulation, our economy's entropy has increased to a critical level (thank you Republicans). Now, we need a greater input of force to decrease that entropy again.

"Everything falls apart.
Entropy increases.
People make memories, die, and pass into memory.
Even memory fades and passes into shadow,
And so ends what once was."

1 comment:

  1. I have the same issue with mi madre. "Why can't you keep your room clean?" "Didn't you just clean the kitchen, why is it dirty again?" ect. **sigh** I'm just not the obsessive neat freak she wants me to be. Jeez.

    Anyhoo, entropy is one of those things that most people know about, but don't KNOW about. Like starving children in wheretheheckistan, hot dogs, and the spelling of bologna. I was one of those who knew what it was but didn't know a lot about it or anything...

    SHIT Mrs. Boring is telling me to pay attention...ttyl...

    ReplyDelete